Chapter Six: Bucket List


4/24/17


     I'm going to die. That's right, one day I'm going to die. I'm hoping it won't be anytime soon, but it's an inevitable fact. Everyone will die someday. Some sooner than others; that's just how life goes. And nobody wants to die before they get the chance to do everything they want to do, and accomplish everything they want to accomplish. That's why society has come up with something called "The Bucket List" (a list of things they want to do before they kick the bucket). The Bucket List is pretty well known, there's even a movie about it. You know, with Morgan Freeman? That's the one. Well, I've never been one to formally write out my bucket list, but tonight I'm going to try.

    1) Publish at least one book. I've been a writer for as long as I can remember. I used to carry this notebook around with me, always writing this one story. I filled the entire notebook with the story over a year or two, and I always added to it. I even put the notebook into a binder and added another notebook in with it when I ran out of paper, because I wasn't ready for it to end. I've written many short stories, long stories, and poems, and I've always wanted to try and publish something, but I've been too afraid.

     2) Open some kind of business. I don't know what I would sell, but for some reason I've always wanted to have my own business. Maybe an art store, or a bakery, or a nail salon, or a coffee shop. It would be pretty cool to be my own boss, PLUS other people's boss. Since I'm pretty bossy. And I would love being able to sell something that I create.

     3) Fly in a hot air balloon. This one's one of the biggest ones for me. I've wanted to do it for a really long time, but I'm so afraid of heights, I don't know if I'd ever be able to. My stomach drops just watching a fall or climbing something in a video game. I would be so afraid leading up to it. But I think that it would be amazing as soon as I was actually doing it. Maybe I'll have to take someone with me that has the same fear and we can overcome it together. Wouldn't that be something?

     4) Visit Australia, Jamaica, Italy, and Germany. Those are all places that I've wanted to go since I was little and learned about them in school. I love to travel, and I've never been outside the country (besides Canada, but to me that doesn't really count). All of those places would be cool for different reasons. What I really want to do is visit everywhere, but that is very unrealistic for many reasons. Traveling would be really awesome though.

     5) Sing karaoke. This one is a fairly easy thing to tackle, but all the alcohol in the world can't seem to motivate me. I love to sing, and people say I have a good voice, but I'm still very afraid to sing in front of strangers.

     6) Go on a road trip with friends across the country. There's just something about the open road that calls me. Growing up in New Hampshire and living here my whole life, there are many things that I've realized: that I want to leave it. I want to see everything, do something else, be someone adventurous and spontaneous.

     7) Attend a murder mystery dinner. This might sound lame, but it would be pretty cool to me. I used to love Clue.

     8) Ride in a horse-drawn carriage through the city. Preferably with the one I love, because isn't that so romantic? Who wouldn't want to ride through the city at night in a horse-drawn carriage, with only the streetlights to light the way, cuddled under a blanket with your loved one? Magical.

     9) Dance with my dad at my wedding. I've dreamt about this one since I was a little girl. I watched all those movies with weddings in them, and there was always a father-daughter dance, and it made me really want one, too. I also want my dad to walk me down the aisle. So dad. you'd better keep taking good care of yourself so we can cross this one off! We'll talk about the wedding later on. 

     10) Spend New Years Eve in New York City. Because watching on TV all these years has me dreaming of being there.


So there you have it, those are 10 of my bucket list items. I won't bore you with all of them, mostly because I'm pretty sure it would be like 20 pages long, and ain't nobody got time for that. These are a few things that I'd really love to do before I kick the bucket. If I die, and none of it is crossed off my list, I will be a very unhappy camper. Also, I need help to accomplish some of them. So if anything is popping out at you, be sure to make it happen! Goodnight friends.

xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter Fourteen: Brain Dump

Chapter Two: Not Alone

Chapter Twenty-Nine: I Am